Lyric Theatre is a dynamic multi-faceted venue situated in the heart of the Theatre District in Times Square, NYC. As an Ambassador Theatre Group venue, Lyric Theatre is committed to embracing ATG’s vision in becoming the leading live entertainment provider in the world. Lyric Theatre is passionate about creating an engaging and positive environment for both our customers and our employees.
Customer Experience Associate
Lyric Theatre, which has just undergone extensive renovations in preparation to open Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, is looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to join the Front of House management team. The ideal candidate will have exemplary customer service skills, confidence dealing with the public, and a passionate desire to achieve the very highest standards. The Customer Experience Associate will report to Lyric Theatre’s Venue Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to house management in the efficient operation of the theatre on a show to show basis
• Act as a lead and point of contact for Usher and Food & Beverage Staff, assisting with any concerns and supporting staff with patron issues
• Be active and well-prepared with knowledge of the theatre’s emergency procedures and work closely with management in case of an emergency
• Engage with patrons and work in effectively resolving any patron conflicts or concerns
• Assist with improving and implementing the policies and procedures of the theatre and Food and Beverage business
• Support management in supplying staff members with cash, inventory paperwork, and till keys at the start and end of each shift, and be consistent and exact in all cash handling
• Act as the main resource to re-stock selling areas during performances, if needed
• Ensure the optimal customer experience at each performance and special event, while sharing responsibility for the security of patrons, the facility, and all personnel overseeing the running of the front of house operation
• Ensure organised and effective scheduling of staff to service the operational needs of the theatre
• Assist with nightly reports, weekly payroll, sales spreadsheets and other ancillary documents, as well as cash management for the retail operation
• Create a fun and vigorous work environment; inspiring and leading the Usher and Food & Beverage while promoting respect and dedication in each employee’s work
Education & Experience:
• Management experience
• Exceptional interpersonal relations and communications skills
• Extensive experience in hospitality, retail sales, and/or the theatre environment
• Knowledge and/or certifications in health code, fire safety, first aid, CPR, and other life safety.
• College degree and experience working in arts organisations preferred, but not required
• Must have excellent skills and experience operation an electronic point of sale system
• Basic PC computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook. Excel, Word, ect.)
This position is a full-time non-union hourly position, is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefits package. Applicants should send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please place ‘Customer Experience Associate’ and your name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Lyric Theatre, which has just undergone extensive renovations in preparation to open Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, is searching for a full-time Purchaser to join the team. The ideal candidate will be a self-driven, responsible individual who has an eye for detail & accuracy and can work well in isolation The Purchaser will report to the Venue Operations Manager at Lyric Theatre.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Food & Beverage inventory levels to maintain pars
• Maintain regular communication with all managers to support daily needs of the venue
• Determine product needs and complete all daily purchasing needs, including food, beverage and consumable orders through vendors, when needed
• Receive and sign-off on all food, beverage, consumable and Playbill deliveries
• Organise product storage spaces, ensuring accurate placement of each product
• Distribute products to each selling space prior to shows/events, recording distribution accurately
• Complete necessary paperwork/electronic requisitions and receive appropriate approvals for all orders
• Maintain regular stock control and product rotation in storage and selling areas
• Utilise the POS system and company computer network to pull appropriate reports
• Coordinate and fulfil product audits when necessary, calculating precisely
• Maintain clean storage & selling areas and good working equipment, flagging items needing repair and organization
• Report to management product breakages, reporting discrepancies and patterns of loss
• Adhere to all health and safety procedures to ensure we meet health code and minimise the risk of injury and accidents
• Additional duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Retail store/warehouse, bulk purchasing, concessions or grocery store experience required
• Exceptional organization and a good mind with numbers
• Excellent personal communications skills with demonstrated ability to support teams of people
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Detail oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously
• Willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift or carry up to 40 pounds
• Basic computer skills are essential with an emphasis on Microsoft Outlook & Excel and POS comprehension
This position is a full-time non-union hourly position, is commensurate with experience, and includes a full benefits package. Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please place ‘Purchaser’ and your name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Lyric Theatre is a dynamic multi-faceted venue situated in the heart of the Theatre District in Times Square, NYC. As an Ambassador Theatre Group venue, Lyric Theatre is committed to embracing ATG’s vision in becoming the leading live entertainment provider in the world. Lyric Theatre is passionate about creating an engaging and positive environment for both our customers and our employees and is currently seeking Lead Housekeepers to join the expanding facilities department.
The Lead Housekeeper reports directly to the Facilities Manager and is an integral role to the smooth running of the venue. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a keen eye for detail and hold a positive can-do attitude.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising and motivating a team of staff for the cleaning of all areas in the building (i.e. auditorium, backstage, dressing rooms, rehearsal studios, bathrooms, offices)
• Maintaining the high standards of the Lyric Theatre ensuring company and union policy is enforced at all times
• Effectively communicate and regularly update management on any maintenance, safety or personnel issues.
• Schedule a team of dynamic housekeepers
• Maintain a par stock of cleaning inventory and order any supplies when necessary
• Stage Door break relief
Interested candidates should have proven previous experience in management/ supervising a team of people in a similar working environment. Prior experience in janitorial positions is essential.
Please note that this is a union position and hired employees will be required to join the Local 306 union. This is a full time position and will require regular evening and weekend work.
Applicants should email resume plus a covering letter to [email protected] with the subject: Lead Housekeeper.